- Submission deadline of regular papers: extended to 19 September, 2014
- Submission deadline of tool papers: 30 September, 2014
- Submission deadline of tutorials: 30 September, 2014
- Notification: 30 October, 2014
- Camera-ready deadline: 9 November, 2014
- Conference: 9-11 December, 2014
ValueTools 2014 focuses on methodologies and practices in modeling, performance evaluation and optimization of complex systems. It gathers together researchers from different communities including Computer Science, Networks and Telecommunications, Operations Research, Optimization, Control Theory and Manufacturing.
ValueTools 2014 solicits previously unpublished contributions that propose new performance evaluation methodologies and new tools. Three types of contributions are called for: regular papers, tool papers, and tutorials.
All presented papers in the conference will be published in the proceedings of the conference and submitted to ACM Digital Library.
A special issue in the Performance Evaluation Journal is planned. Papers may also be published in EAI Transactions on Algorithms Engineering.
- Discrete event systems
- Stochastic models
- Simulation techniques
- Game theory
- Queues and network of queues
- Mean field techniques
- Large scale performance analysis
- Control theory
- Machine learning and neural networks
- Performance optimization
- Communication and computer networks
- Distributed systems
- Interdisciplinary methodologies (economic, biological and social models)
- Manufacturing systems and supply chains
- Resource allocation
- Road traffic and transportation systems
- Secure Networks